Googlebot is a program by which Google constantly examine and read web pages. It reads keywords, language, structure and formatting of the web contents. After examining these things Google sends AdSense ads to a particular website/webpage. The related ads entice visitors to click on them. As Googlebot also examine the language of the blog, so the ads appear in that language. Google AdSense ads are available in many languages. Following are the some of the facts you should know about Google AdSense.
- Googlebot takes time to scan the contents. Therefore older blogs have better chance of more appropriate ads. If the blog is loaded with inappropriate keywords then ads will also not match with the contents. Therefore you should always focus on the theme (niche) of the blog. You should regularly include the proper keywords in the title and contents of the post. It helps in getting more appropriate ads. But avoid adding lots of keywords without having any significance. Visitors will be annoyed by inappropriate use of keywords.
- Author should minimize the number of graphics in the blog. AdSense prefers pages with textual materials and dislike many graphics in the same page. Larger and bold texts are given more importance compared to normal text by the Googlebot.
- Copying the free contents available on internet can ban you from AdSense. Therefore you should avoid duplication of the information already available somewhere else.
- If you don’t want your competitor ads to appear on your website, you can include this restriction on your account while creating the code for the ad unit.
- AdSense simply save time of the publishers to search for the advertisers which can pay them for publicizing products related to theme of the blog.
- The best think about the AdSense ad is that you can dedicate specific sections in the blog for those ads and then can forget about it. Subsequently you can focus on other things like making blog content rich. Therefore it is best way for getting passive income.
- How much Google pay you for the clicks is not completely known. Google never disclose this. Traffic to your website and average number of click also matters. Some click pays in cent while other can pay in dollars. Value of ads depends on the specific topic and keywords. Google never tells which clicks get paid more. However ads related to topic like finance and education generally pay more while those related to electronics etc pay less.
- You can use AdSense referral option. If you refer other publisher to use AdSense, you will get some percentage of money earned by those new publishers. The earning of the referred publishers will not be affected by this and your payment is not the sharing of their earned money. As Google pay you only a part of the money given by advertisers. Therefore the money you get as percentage by referring AdSense to other publisher is share of Google’s profit and not of new publisher.
- Finally, you don’t have to play game with Google or your reader to get money. You just have to make your blog content rich. It will automatically drive traffic to your blog. Regularly updated good contents will convert random visitor into regular visitor. And more traffic is the synonyms for more clicks on ads which in turn lead to more income.
Google AdSense is not the only way to earn money by this way. Although it is most popular among advertising networks, there are number of other good options as well like Chitika, Bidvertiser etc.
Alternatively you can also earn money by affiliate marketing. It is a way to sell or promote others products and services though your blog. In that case you get paid on revenue sharing basis.